- · 2/3 cup of Granola
- · (1) 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix
- · 8 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- · 4 eggs
- · 1/4 cup canola oil
- · 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- · 1/2 cup butter
- - 2 teaspoons corn starch
- - 1/2 cup Granola cereal
- - 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- · 3/4 cup brown sugar
- · 1/2 cup dark rum ( Myers or Goslings)
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle granola on bottom of pan.
- Combine brown sugar, sour cream and one egg. Beat until blended. Sift cake mix and alternately add cake mix and one egg at a time. Blend until mixed and continue to slowly add the remaining ingredients including oil and rum. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork. Drizzle glaze over top of cake. Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, granola cereal and walnuts. Dissolve cornstarch in a few tablespoons of water and add to mixture. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.