Here are a few that I have found for you.
Home and Family, on the Hallmark Channel, featured this hot toddy recipe a few days ago, perfect for anyone who enjoys a nice glass of wine.
Toasted Spice Chardonnay Toddy
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
- 1 large lemon, zested and halved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Place the cinnamon sticks and star anise on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Toast until you can smell them. 3-5 minutes
- Place honey in a medium pot, cook on medium heat, bring to a simmer. Let it froth and turn light brown. 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and slowly add the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay. Return the pot to the burner, add the spices and zested lemon halves, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and allow to steep, like tea, for 25-30 minutes. Strain.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the lemon zest. Dip the glass rims in the toddy and roll in the lemon sugar.
- Warm the toddy by bringing to a small simmer and ladle the spiced wine into the glasses.
This recipe is from JackDaniels.com.
Hot Tennessee Toddy
- 1 part Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
- 1 spoonful of honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- boiling water
Pour Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 into a heavy mug. Add a spoonful of honey, cinnamon stick and lemon juice. Top with boiling water and stir.
Of course, Crown Royal, has their own Hot Toddy Recipe as well. This one is simple and sweet.
- 1.35 ounces Crown Royal
- 1 tsp fine grain sugar
- 1 small clove
- 1.5 ounces boiling water
Pour Crown Royal, fine grain sugar and cloves in old-fashioned glass or mug. Add 1.5 ounces boiling water and stir.
The Food Network has a sweet, cappuccino-like toddy, that you might enjoy in the evening as well.
- 2 pints of milk
- 4 tbs malt powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- 6 ounces of whisky (more or less to suit your taste)
- 2 vanilla pods, scored and the seeds scraped out
Heat up the milk and whisk in the malt, sugar, whisky, vanilla seeds and pods. Whisk up, then, if you have a cappuccino frother, whiz up to make some lovely froth.
If you haven't found the type of toddy that you are looking for here, be sure and do a google search. There are tea toddys, toddy recipes to help cure a cold, all sorts of toddys.
Here's another one for you, that I just created today.
Crown Apple Hot Tea Toddy Drink Recipe for You!
2 cups hot tea
one slice ripe apple
2 ounces Crown Royal Regal Apple Whisky
2 teaspoons of honey
Steep tea. Add slice of apple, Crown Royal Regal Apple whisky and honey. You may like to add sugar to taste, if you're a sweet tea drinker like me.
Enjoy, and remember to drink responsibly.